Today I’m excited to be on the blog tour for Seventh City, which came out this week and looks gorgeous and epic and is Alaskan Fantasy! How cool is that?
Check out this amazing table display for it at Realm Makers with a real antler and real pine branches! 😀
I got to hang out with the author, Emily Hayse, a little at Realm Makers again this year, and she is such an absolutely lovely person! I really enjoyed hanging out with her at Starbucks and around the bookstore and conference! So excited to read her work. ^_^
Read on for all the info about this awesome-sounding book!
“Have you heard of a place called Inik Katsuk?” The world seems to have gone quiet again.
Inik Katsuk, the Seventh City.
“Have you seen it?”
“I have only heard of it in tales.”
“And do you believe them, these tales?”
by Emily Hayse
“Let me tell you a story that happened so long ago that only the hills and rivers can remember the time . . . .”
All her life, thirteen-year-old Maki has heard tales of the legendary city of gold, buried deep in the northern frontier. But when her village is burned and her brother captured by cruel invaders, the legend becomes desperately real.
Armed with a wolf-dog and a heart of courage, Maki sets out on a journey that will demand all her strength and cunning. She is determined to bring her brother home at all costs. Yet as her quest leads her deep into a wilderness of ancient dangers, Maki realizes that even for her, some prices are too high to pay.
EMILY HAYSE is a lover of log cabins, strong coffee, and the smell of old books. Her writing is fueled by good characters and a lifelong passion for storytelling. When she is not busy turning words into worlds, she can often be found baking, singing, or caring for one of the many dogs and horses in her life. She lives with her family in Michigan.
Blog Tour Stops
- August 20: Kickoff post: The Herosinger Blog
- August 21: Guest Post: Down the Rabbit Hole
- August 22: Spotlight: Deborah O’Carroll (You are here!)
- August 23: Interview: My Lady Bibliophile
- August 24: Guest Post: Rae Graham
- August 25: Q&A: Ink Lizard/Liz Koetsier
- August 26: Spotlight/Review: Claire Banschbach
- August 27: Interview: Smudged Thoughts/Kenzie
- August 28: Review: Kaleigh Stroink
- August 29: Interview: Unicorn Quester/Laura A. Grace
- August 30: Review: Father’s Joy/Anne Rhys