March draws to a close… I can’t believe how fast this month swept by! I wish I’d been a bit more organized so that I could participate more deeply in March Magics… but what I did do was so much fun anyway, and I greatly enjoyed the DWJ love throughout the blogosphere! (Terry Pratchett, too, of course… but I’m not (yet) a fan since I haven’t read any, so…)
And since I never did do a post with favorite fan-art, I’ve got some DWJ-ish pics — either fan-art or things that remind me of her books — scattered throughout my wrap-up-post because WHY NOT! (They none of them belong to me; I’m linking back to where I found them on Pinterest.)
As for my experiences of the month, they are as follows… In lists. BECAUSE LISTS.
- And I shared my Diana Wynne Jones journey thus far, which was loads of fun!
I did read Deep Secret by Diana Wynne Jones and greatly enjoyed it! I wanted to review it but haven’t managed that yet… It’s hard to review DWJ books.
- But other things came up so I have yet to delve into Terry Pratchett’s Guards! Guards! Which is a pity because it would have been the perfect excuse to try my first Pratchett… But I’m still looking forward to it and will definitely read it very soon. 🙂
- It doesn’t really count because I didn’t listen to the whole thing, but I’ve been hearing smatterings of Enchanted Glass around the house — getting the fam hooked on DWJ; like a boss. 😉 I’ve read it before but it’s fun hearing snatches of it again!
- I really wanted to do some rereading but didn’t manage it… Next year! (And/or, ya know, the rest of this year… I’m not picky. :P)
I had an absolute BLAST with the Diana Wynne Jones Twitter Party on the 25th. I’d never “been” to a Twitter party before, and couple that with not usually running across people who talk about DWJ and suddenly being swamped with links and reviews and thingsF, and I was basically in book heaven. IT WAS SO FUN! ^_^
- I also went on a DWJ quote-liking binge on Goodreads. ‘Twas marvelous.
- And I had SO much fun reading everyone else’s posts/reviews!
- I had some ideas for some other posts but never did get to them, I’m afraid, and I definitely did not schedule my reading etc. very well this month, but what little I did do was still marvelous fun!
Many thanks to Kristen @ We Be Reading for hosting this magical month of appreciation for Diana Wynne Jones and Terry Pratchett! I absolutely loved it and I’m already looking forward to next March! ^_^
(Next year, I will be PREPARED! >:D)
Happy March Magics, everyone!