I’m so excited to share the cover for a GORGEOUS Beauty and the Beast novella!
I’m also sharing about several absolutely delicious books releasing this month, recapping my April reads, and announcing my May blogging/social media hiatus!
So let’s get to it. 😉
Isn’t it gorgeous? I love it! It totally captures the feel of this delightful novella which I had the honor of beta-reading and quite enjoyed! 😀
Here’s a bit about the book . . .
A one-armed girl. A lord hiding a curse. A dark secret with the town’s fate hanging in the balance.
A Beauty and the Beast retelling with an Austrian twist and a new breed of curse.
When Rosen moves to Freudendorf—a secluded town in the Alps—with her dad, he vanishes on her and the debt collectors come to call: taking her into slave labor. As if that wasn’t bad enough, just when all her hopes and dreams for a normal life are ruined, a frail zombie-like butler purchases her: taking her to serve Lord Varick, who currently resides in the forbidden castle near the salt mines, where the Beast of the Night is said to roam.
Varick is handsome, with an attitude that’s the exact opposite. The servants aren’t human, and the castle itself is an ugly wreck. But if Rosen cannot solve the dark secret spreading beneath Freudendorf, and the curse holding Varick’s cold heart, then both they and the town will fall prey to a waiting evil—and worse, lose their memory of it.
Book Purchase Links:
The Book Release Tour begins June 11th-26th! You can join the tour and help promote this book by signing up HERE.
E.E. Rawls is the product of a traveling family, who even lived in Italy for 6 years. She loves exploring the unknown, whether it be in a forest, inside a forgotten castle, or within the pages of a book.
She runs on coffee, cuddly cats and the beauty of nature to keep the story wheels of her mind running, as she writes tales that will both entertain and inspire others, giving them worlds they can explore and become lost within.
There are SO many awesome books releasing this month! I’m super excited. 😀 Pretty sure there are a bunch more that I’m missing, but here are the ones I gathered that I’m especially excited about!
- Moonscript – H.S.J. Williams — (May 7) Y’all, I’m super excited for this! Hannah Williams writing about Elves and just — YES. [Preorder]
- The Story Hunter – Lindsay A. Franklin — (May 19) I’m verrry curious how this trilogy is going to wrap up! Also, Kharn and Braith! [Preorder] [Preorder goodies form]
- Watson and Holmes – E.B. Dawson — (May 23) A sci-fi Holmes retelling by one of my favorite sci-fi authors? Sign me up! [Preorder: 99 cents]
- Reformed: Supervillain Rehabilitation Project – H.L. Burke — (released April 21) I had this on my list of May releases but it released early! So excited to try this superhero story!
- All That Glimmers – Selina J. Eckert — (May 15) I’m editing this but it’s a delightful Rumplestiltskin re-imagining, with fae and a college-student in modern times! [Preorder]
- Not pictured, The Luck Child by Rebekah Shafer, releasing from Uncommon Universes Press soonish — and there’s going to be a cover reveal next week! I wish I could join in but I’ll be on hiatus, but be sure to keep an eye out for that because I just know it’s going to be amazing and I’m super excited about this book! 😀 (Or, if you want to see it early, you can sign up to share the cover reveal!)
I didn’t manage to read much in April . . . I was extremely busy with work, copyediting, and Camp NaNo. But two novels, a novella, a short story, and a picture book . . . still pretty good, I guess?
- Fierce Heart – Tara Grayce — I adore it! Elves and a dash of steampunk. Adorbz marriage of convenience. Elven shampoo. XD Farrendel is the absolute best!
- War Bound – Tara Grayce — (I copyedited this.) Loved it even more than book one! Farrendel and Essie. Her brothers (!!). More steampunk elements. The CAMPING. ALL OF IT. (But aahh, cliffhanger!) Farrendel is just . . . ❤ These two books are my new favorites. ^_^
- The Knight in Battered Armor – Brianna Tibbetts — What a fun little tale! I so enjoyed this, and the pictures were neat. ^_^ So glad I tried out this Realmie picture book!
- Shadow Light – Sarah Delena White — A gorgeous, glimmering, sweeping short original fairy tale, reminiscent of Tolkien, MacDonald, and other greats! ❤
- All That Glimmers – Selina J. Eckert — (Copyediting this.) Absolutely amazing modern fantasy novella with a twist on Rumplestiltskin. Loved it SO much!
And some other things I edited but which are not on Goodreads. 😉 More about them at a later date!
April Book reviews:
So! I have a couple of things to wrap up in the next few days but other than that (and possibly a few book releases throughout the month, depending?) I’m hoping to step back from blogging and social media and take a much-needed hiatus.
I just came off of Camp NaNo (I’ll have an Ishness post about how that and the rest of my April went, up on my other blog, hopefully on Monday!) and a whole string of things that have had me running nonstop for months now.
I’m just really, really tired and I need to take a step back and breathe.