Happy May Day! Which always makes me think of Howl’s Moving Castle. 😀
I have a few bookish things to share with you, including what I’ve been reading, and I’m also announcing a bit of a blogging/social media hiatus for May. So let’s get to it!
Either I’ve been terribly remiss about keeping track of upcoming releases (not unlikely, given how crazy April was with Camp NaNo etc.), or people haven’t yet announced some of the things coming out in May, or there’s just nothing coming out in May. XD
But these two lovelies at least are releasing!
- Voyage of the Pequod is a short tale from E.B. Dawson, featuring Moby Dick in space. GUYS. THIS STORY IS INCREDIBLE. I got to read an advance copy of it and I was absolutely floored and breathless! It’s so brilliant! I totally recommend checking it out, even if (like me) you only have a vague grasp of Moby Dick and don’t read much sci-fi. XD
- If you live under a rock you might not know about Nadine Brandes’ Romanov releasing this month but otherwise I’m pretty sure everyone knows. XD Historical fantasy Anastasia sounds fascinating! I may not have been the hugest fan of Fawkes (sorry! unpopular opinion!) but I’m still intrigued by this one!
The Fairy Tale Central’s fairytale theme for May is Rapunzel! Check out what’s coming soon from them! 😀
Jill Williamson Audiobook Kickstarter
If you haven’t heard, Jill Williamson’s kickstarter was fully funded, which means that there will be audiobooks of all three books in this series! I’m SO excited! 😀 (If you were interested in supporting it for the chance at getting the audiobooks for a low price, or for the limited-edition hardcovers of the series, the kickstarter is open just a couple more days until May 3, I believe.)
And… yeah, I’m drawing a blank.
Not a lot of news I can think of offhand, but I did do my last Book Ishness News fairly recently, and I could just be in the clouds from finishing Camp NaNo and my novel. XD
MY READING NEWS
This was April’s nightstand:
And I finished all of them in April except Cress! *does little happy dance*
My currently-reading “stack” looks like this:
- An ebook of Flower of the Underworld (an urban fantasy Hades & Persephone retelling which I shared about last week and is so much fun so far! XD)
- And of course my ongoing audiobook listen of Cress. (Speaking of Rapunzel. XD) I put it on hold while I listened to The Electrical Menagerie last month, but I’m hoping to get back to it this month!
After that, I don’t have specific plans and I’m not setting up a “nightstand” for this month.
I’ll be on hiatus, and other than catching up on some review books (hopefully), I’m not making plans for my reading.
I’ll just wing it and see what happens!
- 2 nonfictions (who am I? At least they were short? XD)
- 3 re-reads (Howl’s Moving Castle, Second Son, and The Electrical Menagerie — all much beloved! <3)
- 1 beta-read novella (the coverless one, which is called Spindle Dreams by Kirsten Fichter, sequel to The Rose and the Balloon which I LOVED. This one is a Sleeping Beauty retelling and it should be coming out fairly soon. It’s loads of fun! <3)
- 5 short scifi-ish stories by E.B. Dawson which I binge-read and ADORED. I totally recommend all of them and will review them at some point, but AWK. SO GOOD. (I’m not a sci-fi person. But these were AMAZING.) I 100% recommend!
- 1 book-club read, Spindle by W.R. Gingell, with the Fellowship of Fantasy bookclub (my favorite bookcluuub!), which was a BLAST. XD I adore this series and need to read the rest! ❤
- 1 audiobook, namely The Electrical Menagerie, which I just reviewed!
Kind of a mish-mash of reading fare, but all really good! And I was happy to (mostly) finish off what I was in the middle of reading so I can more-or-less start fresh.
A couple of days from now after I wrap some stuff up, I’m going to take a blogging/social media break this month, but I’ll be back after May!
I’m just really tired and need to take a step back after an exhausting (but good!) April and catch up on some stuff. Thanks for understanding!
Drop me an email or contact me if you need to get in touch. 🙂 Love you all! ❤