Just popping in for a quick post about the book releases and other awesomely bookish things going on this month. 🙂
Here are some books which look like they’ll be awesome. 😀 (And I can’t get over how pretty the covers are together. AWK. So much shiny!)
(Titles link to places you can acquire the books or read more about them!)
- The Green Princess series, book 1: Flower – H. L. Burke — (Okay, this was actually June 30th, but close enough, and I didn’t have it in last month’s post.) Because an adorable YA fantasy romance with a heroine who has plant powers sounds super fun. I’m curious to try this one!
- Healers and Warriors – Daley Downing — (Similar story; just came out! EEE!) I enjoyed the first two books immensely, so I’m excited to try the third book in this series involving modern times and fae and cats and all that fun stuff. 😉
- The Janus Elixir – Kyle Robert Shultz (July 1) — I actually read this already (as an editor) and it’s so good! I’m not even biased, I promise. I’m just excited to have a whole novella told by Malcolm Blackfire, dragon and archaeologist. 😀 It’s super funny, features Malcolm and his… er… assistant Melody Nightingale, and is set in an alternate 1816 London, with Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, some characters from mythology, and some other familiar names… You’ll just have to check it out, because it’s a blast. XD And it’s free if you sign up for the author’s newsletter. 😉
- Renegade Skyfarer – R. J. Metcalf (July 1) — I haven’t read this but I have it on good authority that it’s amazing, and it certainly SOUNDS like it is, because steampunkery and awesomeness. I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy!
- Launch – Jason C. Joyner (July 3) — I don’t know a lot about this one but it’s a superhero story I’ve seen some friends sharing and I think it’s a YA Christian fantasy superhero book, which sounds intriguing!
- Fawkes – Nadine Brandes (July 10) — Alternate historical fantasy version of the Fifth of November Guy Fawkes incident? I’m sold!
- Escape and Endurance – Sarah Holman (July 15) — Another addition to the delightful Kingdom Adventure series, Tales of Taelis! These books make my heart happy and I can’t wait to read this one. ^_^ Also THAT COVER. ❤ It’s up for pre-order. (It’s book 5 in the series, but they always stand alone!)
- The Hound of Duville – Kyle Robert Shultz — (Not pictured because it’s not on Goodreads yet and I’m lazy.) The Brothers Beasley (Nick and Crispin) are back (I MISSED THEMMM) and hilarious as ever, in an alternate 1920s London with some magical mishaps as they solve a case involving… well… you’ll just have to read it. But there’s lots of dogs. And hilarity! XD And FEELS. O_O And it’s so good! 😀 (I may have edited this one too. *cough*)
RECENT COVER REVEALS
Take a look at these snazzy new covers! 😀
Book 1 of H. L. Burke’s Spellsmith and Carver series, Magicians’ Rivalry, which I reviewed, has a new cover!
Melanie Dickerson’s upcoming Mulan retelling has a neat cover too…
There’s a new Kate’s Case Files book from Sarah Holman, coming this September, and I’m really excited! Look at that adorable cover. 😀 It’s up for pre-order if you like Christian FBI mysteries! ^_^
And, of course, I revealed the cover of Sarah Addison-Fox’s upcoming fourth novel, Discerned, on my blog last week, but I have to share it here again because it’s so pretty. 😉
OTHER BOOKISH HAPPENINGS
The Realm Makers writer conference is happening, so I might be less bloggy than usual, getting ready for and then attending that. I’m really excited! (And if you’re going, give me a shout so we can meet! :D)
I know this is very localized, so I apologize if it doesn’t apply to you, but thought I’d share anyway. If you are, or know anybody, in the St. Louis, MO area, there’s going to be a Book Festival as part of the Realm Makers conference, and on Saturday, July 21, the book festival part is open to the public! So you can check that out here. 🙂
The Fellowship of Fantasy’s neat Summer Reading Quest is still going, and it’s not too late to join! Readers of all ages can join in and read books and earn rewards and it’s basically awesome. ^_^ (Not that I’ve been keeping up with it because so much busy right now. *cough*) (And, yes, here’s the link for older readers. ;))
EDITED TO ADD: The Electrical Menagerie, which I loved, is the book of the month for the Fellowship of Fantasy bookclub, so there’s no better time to join in on this fun group, if you do the Facebook thing, than now! 😀 Because you need Carthage and Huxley in your life. You just do.
Okay, that’s all I have for you guys today!
What books or bookish happenings are you excited about? What’s on your Summer Reading list? Let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading! 🙂