Hello, dear page dreamers!
It’s February, and that means it’s time to celebrate . . . FANTASY MONTH!
Yes, indeed, one of my favorite times of year! 😉
Also, this time she has a splendid daily hashtag game/meme, so I’m hoping to do that on my Twitter each day. Check out the prompts and feel free to join in the fun on the social media of your choice with the hashtag #FantasyMonth!
I have QUITE the ambitions for reading this month; whether or not I’ll get to them all is another matter. XD There always seems to be something else to read that pops up in the middle of the month and takes over from my previously scheduled plans. But it’s all for fun, and talking about books is everyone’s (or at least MY) favorite thing to do other than reading them, so, ONWARD!
Nearly all of these are Fantasy, in honor of the month. 😀 (Titles are linked and lead to Goodreads.)
- Hall of Heroes — (anthology) 27 fantasy short stories by members of the Fellowship of Fantasy should be just right for February Fantasy Month… 😉 I won this lovely copy in a giveaway and I’m excited to dive in! 🙂 (The ebook version is available for free on Amazon!)
- Tolkien and The Silmarillion – Clyde S. Kilby [and] Finding God in The Lord of the Rings – Kurt Bruner & Jim Ware — (non-fiction) These two together have just the right number of chapters for daily reading in February, if I can manage it. I really enjoyed my daily readings of Mere Christianity and Tolkien: A Celebration, during January, so we’ll see if I can keep it up!
- A Matter of Magic – Patricia C. Wrede — I’ve been meaning to read this ever since Christmas and I can’t wait! 😀 (Someday I will allow myself to read for fun. And when that day comes, I will read this. XD)
- Adela’s Curse – Claire M. Banschbach — I got this during NaNo and somehow have been too busy to read it… but I’m determined to because it’s tiny and sounds fantastic! Because faeriiiies!
- Lady Moon – Rachel Starr Thomson — I actually got this for my birthday LAST year (because it was highly recommended by my friend Mary Horton) and I’ve been putting it off because I want to love it SO BADLY that I’m afraid to start reading it. XD But I really ought to read it before my next birthday, AND it’s currently Fantasy Month, so of course it needs to go on this list.
- The Children of Hurin – J.R.R. Tolkien — (re-read) Last year I re-read The Silmarillion and read the new Beren and Luthien book, so this is next on my Tolkien list, if I can get to it! Looking forward to it. ^_^
- Minstrel’s Call – Jenelle Leanne Schmidt — (for review) This is coming out February 28 and I’m an ARC reader and it’s the LAST book in the series and alksdjfljd I’M EXCITED. (Also petrified; but… y’know. XD) Cover reveal coming soon!
- Dissemble – Sarah Addison-Fox — (for review) After enjoying Disowned last month, I’m excited to be reading this sequel, releasing February 22! It’s starting off a bit choppy but I’m otherwise intrigued so far. 🙂
- The Lady and the Frog – L. Palmer — (bookclub) This is the Fellowship of Fantasy book of the month for February and it sounds absolutely delightful. ^_^
- Presumption and Partiality – Rebekah Jones — What is a non-fantasy book doing on this list? *gasp* Juuuust kidding! But this is the final Vintage Jane Austen book and I’ve been meaning to read it since it released (because Pride and Prejudice retelling!) so I’m hoping to get to it soon! (Also there’s going to be a great Kindle Countdown sale for the whole series, the week of Valentine’s Day, so watch for that!)
- Battle for the Throne – E. J. Willis — (for review) Another review book, I don’t know much about this one but it’s fantasy and sounds intriguing! I’m looking forward to it. 🙂