Two things today: Bookish News and Nightstand Books!
This Month in Book-ish News…
I’m a calendar nut. I put EVERYTHING on my calendar, including author birthdays and releases for books I’m excited about… and stuff like that.
So, similar to what I shared last month, I thought I should maybe, occasionally, share upcoming bookish things, since I bother to keep track of such things myself. XD
Is this something that would be of interest to any of you?
(I’m sometimes asked how I keep track of books that are releasing and so on. XD Answer: eeeverything goes on my calendar!)
For now, anyway, here’s a smattering of readalongs, releases, etc. which are taking place soon! (Because EVERYONE is doing EVERYTHING right now when it’s time to ignore everything and get ready for NaNo, but oh well. XD)
The Vintage Jane Austen group is collecting bloggers interested in taking part in The Vintage Jane Austen Event blog party in early November, so if you’d like to interview an author or read and review one or more of the VJA books for free, you can sign up HERE!
The Fellowship of Fantasy Bookclub‘s book of the month for October is The Beast of Talesend by Kyle Shultz. If you’ve been wanting to read it, now’s your chance!
Speaking of Kyle, he’s also serializing an exciting and funny Fantasy Western book on Wattpad every Monday; it’s fun. XD
Daley Downing is holding a readalong for her book, Masters and Beginners, in October. Again, if you’ve been wanting to, now is a good time to read it!
Amber @ Seasons of Humility is holding a readalong for Pride and Prejudice.
And because ALL the readalongs are happening… the Fall readalong for the Diana Wynne Jones group on Goodreads is Fire and Hemlock. I may have to jump on this one later (like as a NaNo reward?) because I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH AND NEED TO RE-READ IT SOMETIME, but hey. XD
Hope Ann’s Burning Rose just released, and there’s going to be a Facebook party for that and another book on Saturday, October 7 (8-10pm EST), so you’re invited! (If you’re on FB, you know… *cough*)
The third book in the Spellsmith and Carver trilogy, by H.L. Burke — Magicians’ Reckoning — is releasing October 14. 🙂
October 14 is also, I hear, Indie Author Day! How fun is that. ^_^
The third Beaumont and Beasley book by Kyle Robert Shultz — The Mirror of Rorrim (I love that title!) — is releasing October 31. 😀 (What can I say; Kyle has a lot of book news this month. 😛 )
The Orphan’s Wish by Melanie Dickerson (June 2018) has a cover AND IT’S PRETTY. (Also giveaway involved. Go visit the cover-reveal/giveaway post!)
Jenelle Schmidt is hosting a month-long celebration of dragons with #Drachtober.
(Nightstand Books was created by DJ and Jenelle; share your currently-reading books!)
My ongoing quest to finish my review books before NaNoWriMo hits and kidnaps me to write a 50,000 word novel of my own, continues! XD Many of these are still on here from last month…
- Ewan Pendle and the White Wraith – Shaun Hume — I’m almost done this one (maybe I’ll finish today?) and it’s so fun! And intriguing… o.o
- Magicians’ Reckoning – H.L. Burke — The final Spellsmith and Carver book; I have an ARC for this one, and I’m SO. STOKED. I can’t wait to read it for more Jericho and Auric! 😀 (Just don’t remind me it’s the last, because I don’t want to feel sad. *cough*)
- Disowned – Sarah Addison-Fox — Still looking forward to this one! ^_^
- Second Impressions: A Collection of Fiction Inspired by Jane Austen – edited by Hannah Scheele — I don’t read many short story collections, but I’m reading this soon for the Vintage Jane Austen Event blog party. I’m excited! 🙂
- Beta-reading is also a thing.
- Mind Writer – Mike Lynch and Lisa Godfrees — Yep, still hoping to read this one. 😉
- Christmas Coloring Devotions — Oh, look, a coloring book! I’ve never done an adult coloring book before. I got this from BookLook Bloggers for review. I’m excited to try it out and hopefully relax myself occasionally. XD I’ll probably review it in December…
- Breakwater – Catherine Jones Payne — I libraried this and can’t wait to read it! Hopefully I can do so before it needs to head back… At least it’s short. 😉
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen — I’m rereading this for the readalong and mayyy bow out if life gets too overwhelming, but I’ve been wanting to read it again for AGES so this is the perfect excuse! Especially to get ready for the release of the final Vintage Jane Austen book, Presumption and Partiality by Rebekah Jones, which I’m SUPER excited for! 🙂
- If I find the time, I wouldn’t say no to re-reading The Beast of Talesend because it IS the FoF book of the month and it’s super fun and short. If I have time. XD I’m also kind of re-reading The Reluctant Godfather by Allison Tebo, aloud to my younger siblings, because I won a beautiful paperback from the author (thanks, Allison!) and it’s funny and Burndee and yes. 😛
There may be a couple of other books, especially if I get involved in an ARC or two, but at the moment these are the ones I have. XD Should keep me busy enough… *cough*
Basically I WANT TO DO ALL THE THINGS but realistically have no idea how much of this I’ll be able to get to. 😛
I do have to remind myself that if I DON’T happen to get all of these done this month, it’s not the end of the world. I’ll just… likely not get around to much reading until after November, if that’s the case.
But I need to remember to give myself some grace if I can’t be superhuman and accomplish EVERYTHING before NaNo. Because Life and having a plotted novel ready to write are both important, as is remembering, occasionally, to breathe. (I don’t do this enough. :P)
Keep reminding me if I start getting overwhelmed. XD