Hey, my Pagelings! Time for some random news and September’s Nightstand Books! 🙂
It’s my Blogoversary + A Giveaway!
Yes indeed, I’m celebrating the 4th blogoversary of my other blog, The Road of a Writer, with an epic giveaway of a few fantasy books, so check it out if you haven’t! ^_^
Interviewed + Testing the Freelance Waters
I’m stepping into freelance copy-editing and web-designing, and was interviewed by Emily Ann Benedict! 🙂
So, you know those random news-bits that aren’t enough to actually POST about but you want people to know? I usually post such things on my Twitter
so follow me there because I’m fun or sometimes my Goodreads… But a couple of fun things I wanted share here today…
Remember when I reviewed that modern fantasy book Masters and Beginners by Daley Downing? Well it has a shiny new cover by Kyle Shultz, and is now available on Barnes & Noble.
Also, I’d like to mention that one of the books listed below as next-to-read, is a collection of novellas, and you can get one of those as well as a novelette prequel, for free. 🙂
Aaand on to Nightstand Books, a blogging meme created by Jenelle Schmidt and DJ Edwardson — to share and be excited about the books we’re reading each month!
It’s usually the first Wednesday of the month, but sometimes I’m
late never late, Frodo Baggins, nor am I early; I arrive precisely when I mean to. *cough*
(Join in here if you want!)
The titles below link to Goodreads.
Most of the books this month are digital ones, but here’s a few on the physical nightstand…
- The Twelve Dancing Princesses by Ellen Miles — I picked this up at a library sale recently and couldn’t resist reading it right away! Super short and cute read, an enjoyable mostly-traditional version of my favorite fairytale. I did like the couple of tweaks though! 🙂 And it was just generally… fun. *shrug* 4 stars
- Wanted: A Superhero to Save the World by Bryan Davis — Look for a review of this one next week as part of the blog tour! I’ve only read one other superhero novel, and I don’t read Middle-Grade too often, so I’m excited for this because it’s different for me and fun, plus Bryan Davis. 😀
- Mind Writer by Mike Lynch and Lisa Godfrees — I was given a copy of this and am trying to catch up on things I should review, so I’d like to read it soon. ^_^ It looks more sci-fi-y than my usual reading-zone, so that’s going to be interesting. Sometimes that’s enjoyable though, to try new things! 🙂
- The Beast of Talesend by Kyle Robert Shultz (audiobook) — Re-reading (listening to?) this as an audiobook. SO GOOD! ❤ I absolutely LOVE the British accent of the narrator! 😀 Read my original review HERE — audiobook review coming soon. 5 stars
- Scars of War by Hazel B. West (Modern Tales of Na Fianna, #3) — I’ll be reviewing this one on my other blog in a few days as part of the blog tour, and I’m super excited! This book was so fun! 😀 *hugs it* 5 stars
- Ewan Pendle and the White Wraith by Shaun Hume — Fascinating and quite fun so far (over half through); expect a review once I finish! 🙂
- Burning Rose by Hope Ann — I shared the cover reveal for this one and will be reviewing it for the blog tour the first week of October. So excited to read this collection of fairytale retelling novellas! 🙂 (This is the collection of novellas in which the above listed free Rose of the Oath and Rose of the Night are collected.)
- Disowned by Sarah Addison-Fox — Another review book, this YA Christian non-magical-Fantasy book sounds quite intriguing, so I’m excited to try it. ^_^
- And a couple of beta-read projects for friends, which I hope to finish this month, or next month at latest…
Don’t know if some of these will be moving to next month, as usual… But I do have a lofty goal to finish all my review and beta books before NaNo hits. So. Yes. Either way, hopefully I’ll have these all done eventually!
I do have another stack of books off to one side that I really, really want to read, if I catch up on review books… but I didn’t share those since I have no idea when I’ll get to them. XD
August Nightstand: Take 2
On that subject, August’s nightstand looked less like I thought it would be in my last Nightstand post, and more like this:
(Find them on Goodreads here.)
- The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien — LOVED this re-read! ❤
- Beren and Luthien by J.R.R. Tolkien — So enjoyable and awesome! ❤
- The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge — I adored this to BITS. ❤ Everyone needs to read it.
- Perception by Emily Ann Benedict — My Review. Now I need the next Vintage Jane Austen book! 🙂
- An Earthly King by Hazel B. West — This re-read was a delight! 😀 [Last year’s review.]
- Magicians’ Trial by H.L. Burke — My Review. Aaand now I need more Spellsmith & Carver…
- Yorien’s Hand by Jenelle Leanne Schmidt — I absolutely LOVED re-reading this, so I’m finally caught up on the series AND NEED THE NEXT BOOK NOW. ❤ [Last year’s review.]
- Plus the picture books listed in the original post. ^_^
- And beta-reading the sequel to Masters and Beginners by Daley Downing. I need it to be finished/published please… 😀
So sometimes I’m totally wrong about what I’ll be reading, but hey, all of those were awesome, so. 😉
ANYWAY. There’s some stuff that’s been up lately, an update on my August nightstand (whoops), and my projected September nightstand. So now you know ALL the bookish things in my life. XD
What are you reading these days? 🙂
Thanks for reading! ^_^
Dream away in those pages . . .
~ The Page Dreamer / Deborah O’Carroll